Meet Sign-up Instructions
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR A MEET
- Log into your account
- On the main navigation bar, choose <Meets & Events>. (No need to make a selection off the drop down menu, click on <Meets & Events>.)
- Scroll down to the meet that you wish to review or sign up for and select the <Meet Entry> button.
- Take a look at the number of volunteer opportunities still available and sign up to help using the <SignUp for Job Shifts> Button. (Our volunteer coordinator will thank you!)
- You will also see a list of your swimmers that our eligible to compete in the week's meet. Choose the <Edit> button at the bottom of the page.
- Next to each swimmer's name, use the selection box to choose either <attending> or <not attending>.
- Then select <Save> and you are done!
General Meet Info
What to Bring to a Swim Meet
Please label everything - the Lost & Found grows with each meet!
- Team suit or black suit; Team shirt; Swim cap
- Towels, goggles, sunglasses, and SUNSCREEN
- Snacks, drinks (snack bar is open)
- Money for the snack bar
- Swim Buddy item
Heat sheets are a listing of how the meet is organized. It lists the events, swimmers, heats, seed times, and lanes. Heats usually get progressively faster (i.e., the last heat to swim each event usually has the fastest swimmers based on seed time).
Heat Sheets will be posted on our website the evening before a meet. They are also posted on the wall by the showers, bulletin board, and by the North Ramada. You can also print these out at home, but they are not available at the meet for purchase.
It is highly recommended to mark your child for their events.
To help the meets go smoother, PLEASE mark your child's right arm with all their events, heats, and lane numbers (open diagram above). PLEASE use a permanent marker (Sharpie or Sportsafe Marker) so the marking will last the entire Meet.
Hint: Put sunscreen on your child first and let it dry completely. Then, mark the arm & back.
- Out of courtesy to the host team, we ask everyone to please pick up after themselves.
- Goals: Have fun and relax! Take care of yourself! Encourage Teammates!
- Take lots of pictures. If you have one that would look good on our website, send it to Wahooswim@gmail.com.